BIKETOWN bikes not locked at BIKETOWN hubs aren’t necessarily abandoned. Signs of an abandoned bike are as follows:
- The bike is not locked to anything
- The bike is locked to itself and nothing else
- The bike is not in the service area
- The bike has been locked to a non-city rack for more than 72 hours.
It is typical for BIKETOWN bikes to be locked at blue staple racks provided by the city.
If you’re fairly certain you’ve discovered an abandoned bike, please call us at 866-512-BIKE right away so BIKETOWN staff are immediately notified. Please be precise and provide as much detail as possible. Thank you for your help!
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Why I can’t find a Biketown bike
- How to Update the Credit Card of BIKETOWN Membership?
- What Can I do if I found a Biketown bike parked incorrectly
- What Can I do if I forgot my Biketown account number
- How to Change the Password of BIKETOWN account
- What if I experienced a collision with Biketown
- What should I do when I witnessed a bike theft
- Where I can lock my Biketown bike
- How to Reserve a Biketown Bike?
- How can I rent multiple Biketown bikes