BIKETOWN bikes not locked at BIKETOWN hubs aren’t necessarily abandoned. Signs of an abandoned bike are as follows:
- The bike is not locked to anything
- The bike is locked to itself and nothing else
- The bike is not in the service area
- The bike has been locked to a non-city rack for more than 72 hours.
It is typical for BIKETOWN bikes to be locked at blue staple racks provided by the city.
If you’re fairly certain you’ve discovered an abandoned bike, please call us at 866-512-BIKE right away so BIKETOWN staff are immediately notified. Please be precise and provide as much detail as possible. Thank you for your help!
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Can I do if I forgot my Biketown account number
- Where I can lock my Biketown bike
- How to Change the Password of BIKETOWN account
- How to Report a Biketown bike incident
- How to sign up Biketown from the website
- How to sign up Biketown at a kiosk
- Why I can’t find a Biketown bike
- How can I rent multiple Biketown bikes
- What Can I do if I found a Biketown bike parked incorrectly
- What Can I do if I discovered a case of vandalism